The Australian Sailing and Cruising Club Inc encourages and develops boating within the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community throughout Australia, as well as putting enthusiasts in touch, and give other people a chance to just float around in the sun – all in the company of like minded people.
The club has racing and cruising yachts, powerboats and a steamboat, and members who are boat-owners and crew, with experience ranging from novice through to salty sea-dog status.
Our regular events include
- monthly social meetings (3rd Tuesday of every month), at the Trovata Restaurant, 76 Stanley St, Darlinghurst, NSW. These often include a short talk by a member, on a subject of interest.
- social boating days/weekends at least once a month (more often in warmer months)
- social dinners and BBQs / picnics
- an annual 9-day cruise in Pittwater / Broken Bay, pottering around the many and varied bays and arms in the national park, dinghy racing, and the Commodore’s Cocktail Party.
- an annual multi-race regatta at Mardi Gras, in identical 3 to-person keelboats (Elliot 7.0s)
- multi-day coastal cruises, to nearby ports, such as Botany Bay and Port Hacking
- other on-water events such as going kayaking, hiring 2-person catamarans, a boat-based Treasure Hunt
- the Annual Dinner